Building OLA for Windows
This describes how to get OLA compiled for windows, it's a work in progress so it's unlikely to work as is. This tutorial uses gcc as the compiler, other compilers have not been tested.
Install Mingw, msys & build tools
Together MinGW & msys provide a unix-style shell environment & compiler suite for windows. Read the instructions at the MinGW site for more info. MinGW now provides an installer to get most of the system up and running quickly. Download the installer and make sure you select "C++ Compiler". "MSYS Basic System" & "MinGW Developer Toolkit" when prompted.
Once the installer has completed, open the msys shell (under Programs > MinGW) and install some additional packages:
$ mingw-get.exe install msys-automake msys-autoconf libtool
Git is used to checkout (and commit) the ola sources. See http://code.google.com/p/msysgit/, be sure to select "checkout as is, commit unix style" during the install otherwise you'll get autoconf errors.
Add the following line to your .bashrc file so that git can be used within msys:
PATH="$PATH:/c/Program Files/Git/bin" alias git=git.exe
For each of these it should be as simple as downloading the package, placing it in C:\MinGW\msys\1.0\home\USER , un-taring the package and running ./configure , make & make install.
- http://code.google.com/p/protobuf/ . Note you need to install the .tar.gz as the zip just contains protoc (we need the libraries as well)
- http://plibc.sourceforge.net/ (required for microhttpd)
- ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/libmicrohttpd/ (skip this for now - it's not building yet)
You also need to add
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
to your .bashrc file.
- Do a git checkout of OLA
$ git.exe clone https://github.com/OpenLightingProject/ola.git
- Run ./configure
Current State / TODO
- Everything in common/ now builds under win32
- The USB Pro plugin needs a way to find devices, obviously /dev doesn't exist
- The DMX USB requires libusb win32. Not sure what the status of this is